Do you love bicycling? Are you detail-oriented? Do you enjoy working with others to advance the cycling cause?
Apply to work for the League!
We’re looking for a development associate to manage invitations, coordination, and on-site activities for events across the U.S. The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail, perfectionist tendencies on spelling and grammar, and love bicycling. The development associate plays an important role by providing administrative support to the Development Office and participating in all fundraising activities, including donor and public relations, direct mail appeals, and special events. This Bike League staffer will also manage the phone lines and education program mailings.
Requirements for the position include:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Does that sound like you? Send your cover letter and two paragraphs about how your skills match our needs to email@example.com by September 28, 2012.
Carolyn SzczepanskiCarolyn joined the League in March 2012, after two years at the Alliance for Biking & Walking. In addition to managing the League's blog, magazine and other communications, Carolyn organized the first National Women's Bicycling Summit and launched the League's newest program: Women Bike. Before she crossed over to advocacy, she was a professional journalist for nearly 10 years.